Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 24

Okay so I've decided I'm not going to post every day since I am past the three week mark. Friday I had some sensitivity in the morning and felt pretty discouraged as the day went on. I did get out with a girlfriend and did a little shopping. It was hard to read items and I kept switching between using my sunglasses indoors and not. We had some snow arrive but luckily in the morning. It was overcast. By the time we got home the sun peeked out and I had a raging headache. I layed down for a little until the kids got home from school.

My son had his school's variety show that evening and I still was struggling with sensitivity and a headache. The ghosting and blurriness was pretty bad and it was like watching a giant tv screen. We have been going to these shows for about 8 years now and I was a little let down that I wasn't enjoying like I usually do.

Saturday we stayed in all day. I made dinner for a friend of mine who has been driving me to my night classes and to shop if I need to. She's also been a good sounding board since we are taking the same journey together. We all stayed in our Pjs all day, had a nap in the afternoon and stayed up late watching tv. My eyes were sensitive in the morning but seemed to get better light sensitivity wise as the day went on. I was tolerating light pretty well by the e d of the night. I then made dinner again for another friend who has been picking me up in the mornings to take to church with me the next morning.

I woke up this morning feeling the sensitivity however it was snowing and really cloudy. I felt optimistic that I would be able to drive to church, which I did. It wasn't too bad with my eyes slightly closing. I am finding that the heat vents really irritate my eyes. Service was pretty good although I still have issues with contrast lighting and anything lit up really bothers me. I did do okay reading the words up on the screen during music and once all of the lights were on I didn't need my sunglasses. Vision wise I have noticed that my right eye I'd slowly improving. The ghosting is pretty annoying and that can mead to eye strain sometimes. It's pretty blurry distance wise and I would not be able to drive using just that eye. If I were to guess I'd say it's 20/80. My left eye is doing really well and sometimes I see better out of it than I did with glasses or contacts. I'd say 20/20 maybe. We went to a store today and I was able to not wear my sunglasses the entire time and everything was pretty sharp with lots of clarity. I was really enjoying that. We were in a craft store so the colors were very vibrant and pleasant being I have had things dim for a long time. I really enjoyed this new type of vision, even if it was just for those 30 minutes. I think I'm slowly getting past the sensitivity.

Dryness wise today, I've needed to use less drops than usual and my eyes only felt dry in the car or if I sat at pc for too long, and I mean only 10 minutes! I am slowly doing things more a little more each time. I am still getting a ride tomorrow morning just in case the sensitivity is bad. I never know what to expect when I wake up. Tuesday is my target driving myself to class day. We shall see.

Hope your weekend was great!

1 comment:

  1. What was your prescription prior to the surgery? Do you know what your pupil size is? I am contemplating prk but I am concerned. I have thin corneas, large pupils and extreme myopia. (nearsightedness)

    How are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete