Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 13 - Post PRK

I've had an interesting eye day. Not really an "ah-ha" day but some small changes I've noticed today.

My eyes were light sensitive this morning so that cancelled out my driving attempt. I figured I could try to be productive here at home. I wore my sunglasses in the house all morning and frequently used my rewetting drops. (refresh plus preservative free vials). Today was my first day off of Lotimax as well. Around 2 pm my vision seemed a little sharper and somewhat less sensitive to light. I wasn't holding my breath, but it kept on. I decided maybe it was because of the ending of the steroids. I hopped on the iPad and decided to do some Facebooking. This really tired my eyes out so I rested them for about 30 minutes. It seems that whenever I do this, the strain feels better but the dryness triples and the sensitivity to light returns for several hours (probably from dryness). I managed to make dinner and get ready for mt son's cub scout meeting.

Heading out with my shades on at night was pretty funny. As ironic as it is, vanity took no place tonight. I had no make up on, a hat, and sunglasses were my get up this evening. I did this surgery to rid of facial accessories...ho hum.

The lights in the school were pretty darn bright and I left once to pour more drops in my eyes. They were so incredibly grainy and dry. The pie in the face for popcorn reward came and something about the vapors in the shaving cream helped my eyes water. All the sudden my eyes felt good for the next 30 minutes. I left my glasses on the ride home, head lights bothered me but not near as much on the way there WITH sunglasses on (hubby drove). I have lots of halos around kits a the star bursting is slighter than it was Monday night.

I think I need a couple of hours to adjust to any light when waking up. I am hoping that this is my two step forward day.

My right eye is super blurry in all areas. I'm trying not to be too concerned with this because I have a long way to go. My left eye is really getting clear even with some ghosting. I noticed that I could see lines in the tree bark on the tree many feet outside my window. It didn't last long but I saw it for sure.

I cannot read very well, especially with my right eye being fussy. All screens really bother my eyes with the exception if the iPad when I'm it feeling light sensitive.

I prayed today for healing, patience, and strength to get throu upcoming frustrating days ahead. I Have much to be thankful for and I did choose this optional surgery for myself.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment