Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 14 - Two Weeks Post PRK

Today was a really dry eye day. I was very light sensitive again and my chances of driving were very slim. I'm pretty sure I have Transient Light Sensitivity from my surgery and I wish I knew when it was going to end. I am managing to get around thanks to a supportive husband and wonderful friends.

I think my right eye may be a little better but I'm not too sure. My left eye seems to be a little worse up close because my cell phone is very hard to read. This morning I decided to change over to the Refresh Optive in the bottle. Where my doctor said it was okay to switch rit after my post op appointment, I wanted to go preservative free as long as I could.

I noticed my eyes felt more comfortable and that I could see a little clearer. I rested my eyes mid day and slept around 30 minutes. When waking up, my eyes weren't nearly as dry as using the Refrsh Plus vials.

I pushed two workouts in today and my friends carted me around. I am planning on calling my doctor tomorrow to ask for some prescription drops to help with dryness. My eyes are severely dry like never before and I'm sure this contributes to my kit sensitivity.

I don't plan on driving tomorrow. If I feel any hint that I can do it, I'll run a small errand.

My eyes tire easy, and my nose runs a lot. My sinuses are cranky that is for sure. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment