Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 5 - Post PRK

10:30AM

Last night I tried knocking myself out with a good dose of Benadryl to help me sleep and take away the itchy eye feeling.  I think I managed a good 3 hour span to which I woke up with sticky eyes and had to play target practice to get the drops into my eyes somehow.  I woke up I think four times to re-wet my eyes hopefully to help me for today.

I wake up with a slight headache and my neck is sore.  I've been practicing doing the drop into my lower lid method for dispensing drops and now that I can see my eyes better I think I can do that.  I am switching to Advil today for eyestrain pain and tossing the Tylenol to the side because it's not helping.

My right eye seems the same and I think my left could be better.  Both are definitely better after re-wetting drops and I have about 10 seconds of "wow....!" until it gets blurry again.  It's like a carrot leading a horse and that's helping me stay optimistic.  I am using drops several times an hour.  Lucky for me my sister works for an eye doctor and I'm going to get some drop suggestions sometime today.  I feel the grittiness still, but mostly when my eyes are really dry.  My left eye is the worse and I'm assuming because it had more work done on it.

I'm stuck in the house.  It's yet another beautiful day here in Michigan and while I was able to venture out yesterday, I cannot today.  It's just too bright!  I had thought about doing a test drive to the grocery store to get a gallon of milk but I'll have to have a neighbor grab me some or ask hubby to do so on the way home.  He's been wonderful through this whole  process.  I'm lucky to have him.

7PM

My eyes are so terribly dry and I can barely keep them open.  I tried napping for an hour to help keep some moisture in and that seemed to make them even dryer.  My husband went and bought me some Sustane Ultra drops along with some Refesh PM ointment gel that I plan on using at bedtime.  I think the drops are a little smoother but I'm finding that I still need to use them just as often (like every 10-15 minutes).  I cannot function by the end of the day and the strain my eyes feel along with my sinus overload is almost unbearable.   It wouldn't be so bad if the dryness would let up.

I am miserable.

I am praying that this gets better very fast.  I can't do this day after day.

No comments:

Post a Comment