Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 1 - Post PRK

I wake up around 3:30am (I can see my clock!) with a horrible headache.  It reminded me of the sneaky migraines I'd get occasionally.  I tried shaking it off and go back to sleep.  I wake up at 6:30am and it's twice as bad.  I decide to get up and try to get another 1/2 Vicodin in me along with some liquid anti-nausea medicine. I do all of my drops.  I somehow stomach that and go back to sleep.

I wake up at 10am feeling even more sick to my stomach.  I take more anti-nausea medicine, do more drops, eat a banana, and go back to sleep.

10:30 am, I wake up vomiting.  Not cool at all.  I sip some vitamin water, drink more anti-nausea meds, and do more drops. 

11:30 am I get up and make some oatmeal to take another 1/2 Vicodin.  I can't handle the headache anymore.  I do my full round of drops and climb back into bed.

12:00 (I can still see the clock!) everything comes up and I'm really feeling bad at this point.  I end up calling my husband to come home from work.

I proceeded to be sick for the rest of the afternoon.  By evening my husband was worried that I had become dehydrated.  He decided it was best that I start sipping gatoraid and liquid Tylenol.  This eventually worked.  By the end of the night, I drank 1/3 of the gatoraid, stomached the Tylenol, and ate a little bit of food.

I do not know if my headache was a result of the surgery, an illness, day in my cycle, or from stress.  What I do know is that having a sensitivity to codeine made it worse.  Be prepared for a headache just in case!

By now I can see some distance but cannot read anything.  This was definitely frustrating because I was getting a flood of texts and couldn't answer them.  Sometimes the light from the TV hurt my eyes sometimes it didn't.  I have an eye mask made for migraines that has an ice pack that you insert it.  This truly helped me.

I decided to go to bed without taking the prescribed Ambien so I could wake up for re-wetting drops and to intake some liquids.

No comments:

Post a Comment