Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 11 - Post PRK

I planned on exercising this morning so when my alarm went off, I was nervous on what the light would bring. The sun was just rising so it was still pretty dark in the house. My bedroom light didn't bother me any less than it would have prior to surgery. As I got ready for my morning workout the house got brighter and my eyes more sensitive. I decided to wait to do Lotemax until after my workout. When my friend picked me up I was definitely sensitive to the sunlight. When arriving in the gym however I could tolerate the lights and I got a full workout and some weights in. This uplifted my spirits!!

Did Lotemax when I got home and my sensitivity nearly doubled. I spoke with my doctor this afternoon and I'm getting sensitivity from the medication as well as from the surgery. Lucky for me I am done with those this week! I have noted a big difference being off of the Besevance (antibiotic) drops as well. I go back on the 9th for my follow up.

Going to move to twice a day for Lotemx until Thursday. She said the goal was 2 weeks post-op to be on the drops. I hope this helps!

My right eye is still blurrier than the left. My vision is cloudy, almost like I have been opening my eyes in a chlorine filled pool all day. It also seems like my vision is underwater too. Where I can see pretty good and function, it's still blurry and very ghost like with image stretching. Much better than a week ago for sure.

I'll post later for a night time update. Heading out tonight and curious to see what being in a car at night is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment