Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 7 - Post PRK

Last night my husband purchased a portable humidifier and I switched back to the preservative free re-wetting drops.  I woke up throughout the night with sticky, but moist, eyelids to which I generously doused with drops.  I had a much better time waking this morning.

My left eye is still improving and my right eye could be as well, but it's hard to tell because it's been the best eye so far.  I had a lot of trouble reading this morning since my left eye improved.  It was like my eyes were not on the same page (pun intended) and it was a visual war.  The light sensitivity continues to make me crazy, but today I managed to open the front blinds 3/4 of the way open and I decided that I was going to venture out to the local store for more drops and some good sunglasses.

Lucky for me it was cloudy or I wouldn't have made the choice to go out.  I could see everything great, read signs, etc. At first it wasn't so bad but as I continued to drive my poor eyes just wanted to clamp shut with the light.  I was thankful to make it to the store.  I went in and started trying on sunglasses.  Wow was the store bright!  This was frustrating because I couldn't really look high on the shelves for more options on the sunglasses.  It's slim pickings on good ones in January here in Michigan.

About 10 minutes into the eye fashion show I must have been displaying for who knows who, I got that familiar blurry wavy line in my right field of vision.  An optical migraine started, marring my right range of vision for about 15 minutes.  Just great.  Sigh.  After that passed, I went through the store and got a few things we needed for home.  I really wanted some normalcy back and my poor husband has been running somewhere every day for me.  Poor guy.

Once my eyes calm down, I check out and head to one last store to try to find some good UV/Polarized lenses.  That wasn't happening.  I did manage to get myself some nice Valentine's Day towels for my kitchen and some coconut water.  I wonder if my sunglasses/hood over my head disguise worked in the eatery at Target while I enjoyed some Pizza Hut bread sticks... lol

I make it home, my eyes are so very sore and tired.  Who would have thought this would be so tiring?  My kids get home from school and I then rest my eyes, take two Tylenol, then fall asleep.  This seems to be a daily occurrence.  I wake up around an hour later and my eyes are a little dry, but the light still doesn't bother me as much.  I feel pretty good actually.

Computer work is difficult.  I have to check my email in rounds because the screen is so uncomfortable with black text on a white background.  I am one eying this blog and typing as fast as I can so I can get away from my screen.  It's rough.

I'm still taking antibiotic drops and my steroid 4 times a day.  I will take both until they are gone (the antibiotic is almost done).  I'm doubled up on my Vitamin C and make sure I take my multivitamin every day.  I've increased my water intake as well.

I was given the go to wear eye make-up a week later, which is today.  I'm not bothering.  I can also resume exercise as of today but I don't think I'm ready.  My eyes are still pretty sensitive and I would hate to try to do Zumba with my eyes half open.

I think if it weren't for the light sensitivity, I'd be feeling pretty good.  I'm hoping that tolerating some light today was a start of it getting better.  I've always had a light sensitivity so I'm sure that doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment