Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 19

I'm a little fussy today because the light sensitivity isnt miraculously gone. I really had to be kidding myself inking it would be gone today. I did four rounds of steroids today, to which each time I used them they did help. After an hour and a half or so, I did notice sensitivity returning. Throughout the day I found myself wearing my sunglasses indoors, not able to see the tv head on, and really wanting to use the drops. Which I didn't until it was time to. I will say that the sensitivity is not as bad as it was prior to the steroids so I am hoping that counts for something. Tomorrow I go down to two drops a day. I hope it helps because getting to each next dose of drops felt like forever.

Distance wise, together, my eyes are working. Close up isn't too bad with my left eye and I was able to read some school papers that my son brought home. I couldn't read small print on my pasta box or see the buttons well on our new house phones that arrived today. My right eye is terrible ghosting (doubled). Sometimes it makes me feel a little dizzy and I find myself squinting it to stop the blurs.

I see big halos around lights at night, head lights are super light sensitive to me, and I also get some starbursting of lights too, kind of like when the light is pulled outward in streaks. I have no idea what night driving will be like. It's been almost 3 weeks since post op and I still cannot take myself places. I'm so frustrated by this and am trying not to pull me down. It's weighing on hubby to have to take care of things that I can't, and I feel helpless because there's nothing I can do to change it. :(. He runs a business and has been pulled home a lot. I have friends picking me up things from the store and taking me to the store. I am feeling terrible for asking for so much.

I can somewhat watch tv with sunglasses on and I can function witn the house. I am even getting out to exercise some days which helps me be around friends and get some happy energy back. My Zumba instructor has been picking me up every morning so I can get out to be active and my wonderful friend (also had prk same day) has been driving in the evenings. I'm not sure how I can thank them for this!

I don't know how I feel about my surgery today. I am tired of thinking, talking, and worrying about my eyes. I really really just need this sensitivity to go away so I can function like I was before. It takes everything in me to not cry nowadays for whatever reason because I find the aftermath of it makes my eyes hurt. Wish me luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment