Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 6 - Post PRK

I am thankful for my husband's iPad today since it's much easier on my eyes.

I had a bad morning. Last night I decided to use Refesh P.M. Eye lubricating ointment (with the okay from my eye doctor) to help with night time moisture. My eyes don't fully close while sleeping so I thought this would help. I woke up with really cloudy sticky vision and I could barely keep my eyes open. This was so frustrating! I had to have my neighbor take my son to the bus top because I couldn't handle going outside even before the sun was fully up.

I did several wetting drops, gently wiped my eyes, and then went back to bed for 2 hours. It was a little less cloudy when waking up. I wet the eyes more, made some breakfast, took my vitamins and Advil then did my round of drops.

I am seeing better (less cloudy) and won't be using the Refesh pm until the severe dryness is gone. I also went back to the preservative free drops because I read that preservative drops can actually make dryness worse. Interesting because the severe dryness didnt start until i switched off of those (could also be cooincidental). My left eye has definitely shown improvement today distance wise. And when I was in the kitchen I had noticed how clear the speckles on the stove top were.

I feel a little dizzy and shaky today. Could be blood pressure from coffee and Advil. I'll update more this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment