Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 9 - Post PRK

I woke up around 4am and while opening my eyes pulled on my dry eyeball....super ouch. Fumbled around for my eye drops and went back to bed. Hmmm no longer wearing eye glasses but always wearing sun glasses....no longer fumbling for eye glasses but fumbling for eye drops... I don't think I am caring for the new pattern...

Anyhow, woke up this morning feeling like P Diddy...lol sorry couldn't resist. Woke up with a little less sensitivity to light, more so on my right side. Reading is next to awful and my right eye seems blurrier than yesterday. The ghosting of everything is really obnoxious and I am missing reading a good book without straining to see. My brand new Kindle Touch sits there teasing me. My left eye has again improved and sometimes it's better than the right.

Hubby convinces me to go out for the day. I am still not confident with driving so he takes the wheel. We have some snow in Michigan making it fairly bright outside. However with overcast clouds I'm able to tolerate the ride. We get to lunch, I pick a booth away from the windows, yet the lamp above the table still bothers my eyes. I eat with my sun glasses on looking like a hungover mother. I can see the words on the TV above me, but not on my menu. That's okay though because I already know what I want. ;) Lunch all done....check!

We head to the hair place for the boys, and their hairdresser makes a snarky remark about me being cool with my shades. I think I snorted something back but I don't remember what...he's fun anyhow. My son has some dry spot in his head that's pointed out to me, I can barely see it. This bugs me. Haircuts done..check!

Next is grocery shopping and what an experience that was. The lighting wasn't too bad and I was able to plan dinners out in my head, figure ingredients and do a mental checked off of what we needed. My husband and boys were a super big help for this and I'm so thankful for them. I could read some prices and some nutritional values on boxes and bags. I was able to find pretty much everything. I could not read the aisle signs though and my eyes were strained with the aisles that had everything stacked up nice and neat in a row. It was like I was in some strange tunnel in the Twilight Zone. Grocery shopping done...check!

Next hubby decides we should try Walmart to try to find me some quick polarized/uv sun glasses to help me out. I've tried two other local stores and they were a no go. We trollope on in and didn't find much of a selection. I may need to go to the mall. There's a sunglasses place there that I'm sure I'll pay top dollar for a pair (this surgery is getting pretty expensive...). Video games and tooth brushes for the boys....check!

So big day of being out for me. My eyes are super tired and there's one feeling that I cannot get past and that's feeling tired eyes at the end of the day, removing your contacts, dropping in some Blink drops and giving our eyes a good rub. I miss that part.

I'm going to try to drive to church tomorrow. If the light is too much for me I have hubby to drive and friends to cart me around during the week.

Every day is different. I'm hoping for two steps forward tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment