Saturday, February 18, 2012

Week 7

I thought I would update a little bit.

I started Betimol this morning.  That is the eye drop that will help keep my eye pressure from rising any further.  It's only one drop in my right eye in the morning.  I have about 75 days worth of drops to use until I see my doctor.

This upcoming Thursday, I go down to one drop a day on the steroids.  I will continue to use them until I see my doctor in May as well.

I find myself not focusing (pun intended haha) as much on my vision.  I'm tired of thinking about it and just being patient.  I do get asked a lot, "How are your eyes?" and sometimes I need to stop and think about how they are.  I am definitely using less re-wetting drops, but I will use them more often when using computer work or trying to focus on my phone.  The phone has been hard for me since the font is so small and there's no way of increasing it.  I have found myself not using my texting as much due to the eye strain it's causing me.   At least with my PC I can increase/decrease the font to suit my needs.

The light sensitivity is still getting better.  I'm curious to see how that will do going down to one steroid drop a day next week. 

The ghosting remains.  Sometimes it's not bad in my left eye, other times it is.  My right eye is by far the worse of the two and I am really thinking that I may need a touch up eventually.  I'm going to push it to 6 months before I make a decision (that is if my doctor suggests doing so).

No comments:

Post a Comment